Our Philly Cooking Creme House Party

There is nothing I like more than planning a party for my friends and family. So when House Party picked me to host the Philadelphia Cooking Creme House Party the neighbors heard me squealing with delight.  Cream Cheese is a food group in my house.

Let the party planning begin.  A party is just not a party without a theme and color scheme!  Our Philly House Party had a southwest flair with the colors pink, orange, and blue.

I had a blast putting together the favors. Kraft had provided wooden spoons, notepads, recipe books, and coupons for party attendees.  I packaged the goodies in a blue gift bag and inserted gift tissue to match the party colors.  






Each gift bag contained:
  • 2 Philly Cooking Creme wooden spoons
  • 2 Philly Cooking Creme notepads
  • 1 Philly Cooking Creme recipe book
  • 1 coupon packet ($1 off 1 Cooking Creme, $10 off $50 Todd English purchase, $10 off $50 HSN purchase)
  • 1 "grow your own" salsa kit (tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and onion seeds)
The dishes that I prepared with the Kraft Cooking Creme were a unanimous hit with my entire family.  At the end of the party everyone was excited to see the recipes for both dishes in their favor bags and intended to recreate them at home.  

 The Santa Fe Blend was used to create the Santa Fe Chicken Casserole and the Italian Cheese and Herb was used on the Tomato-Basil Pizzas.  

The only side comment made by my husband was that next time he is going to make homemade pizza crust for this recipe. 
All of the recipes and dishes created with the Philly Cooking Creme was excellent, but the highlight of the evening was the desserts. We purchased Philadelphia Cheesecake premade and put a dollop into prebaked phyllo dough cups.  Also, we made miniature lemon tarts with lemon curd we purchased. 

Hands down the main attraction was the Sopapilla Cheesecake.  I thought I would share the recipe for your enjoyment.

Sopapilla Cheesecake

3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 (8oz) cans crescent roll dough
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups chopped pecans
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Beat the cream cheese with vanilla extract and 1 1/2 cups white sugar (reserving 1/2 cup for later) in a bowl until smooth  Unroll one can of crescent rolls and press flat into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture onto dough.  Sprinkle 1 cup of pecans onto the cream cheese.  Cover with remaining piece of crescent dough.

3.  Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the cheesecake.  Stir the remaining 1/2 cup sugar together with cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over cheesecake.  Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of pecans onto cheesecake.

4.   Bake in preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned brown, about 40-45 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting.






We ended the evening by drawing a name for one family to win The Green Pan Skillet.  My sister-in-law and done research on the skillet and explained to everyone the rave reviews she had read.  This added to the excitement and everyone wanted to win.

(left) My sister proudly holds up the Green Pan she and my brother in law got to take home.

Since the House Party, I have heard nothing but positive comments about the entire event.  All of the party goers expressed thanks and appreciation for the goodies provided by Kraft and House Party.


Thank you for a wonderful time!



*The coupons, party favors, skillet, recipe books, and Philadelphia Cooking Creme was provided to me by House Party and Kraft.  I received no other compensation.  All opinions expressed are mine and/or that of my immediate family.  
Photobucket

Comments