Today's Coupon Class

I just wanted to take a minute to thank the ladies that joined me today for a very special coupon class. It was so much fun sharing with you my passion for saving money!

We covered the basics, so what next?  First, take a deep breath and process the information we covered today.

Here are a few more tips that I wanted to share with you:

1.  Don't Get Overwhelmed
You are learning a new skill, so it will take time to get the hang of this new way of shopping.  This is a skill that will not be acquired overnight.

My advice is to pick one store to master at a time.  Learn that store's policies, sales cycles, layout, practices, and employees.  Once you've got that one figured out, add another store to your line up.
2.  Don't Blow Your Budget!
The reason you started couponing is to help your budget, so don't overdo it now.  Don't feel like you have to do every great deal that comes along.  I have been couponing for awhile and trust me when I say that the coupons and sales cycle.  If you miss a deal this time remember that there will be another time, another sale, and another coupon.

3. Don't Print Every Coupon you find!
In the beginning there is a natural tendency to print every coupon you see on the printable sites.  You are potentially wasting a lot of paper, ink, and time.  With experience you will learn coupons that are considered "Hot" and learn when to press the print button.

Here are the sites I mentioned as great sources for printing coupons.  Check often and when you see a hot coupon -- print it before it's gone!
  • Savingstar.com
  • Smartsource.com

There were also some rewards programs that I mentioned I use to make a few dollars for vacation.



Photobucket
* This post may include referral links. By clicking on those links I receive a small amount of points that can be redeemed for gift cards or other rewards.

Comments