Healthy Weight Day 2012

It is time for Healthy Weight Day 2012! 
 
This is something that is hitting pretty close to home today.  I constantly struggle with getting to and maintaining a healthy weight.  


My goal for today?  


Adopt new habits that will help my children and I achieve healthy weights. I honestly agree with experts who say that many of the trials and tribulations of childhood can be minimized by healthy eating habits.


However instilling and enforcing these habits in children, particularly teenagers, can be near impossible. I believe the key then is to help them create healthy habits now while they’re young.

Here are some simple ways that I am working to create healthy habits in my three kids: 

  • Have healthy snacks readily available 
  • Offer water before any other drink 
  • Add more exercise into our routine

Do you need some motivation to get started exercising?  24 Hour Fitness is offering a complimentary 7 day pass to get things healthier.


 


Also be sure to enter to win the Progresso Souper You prize pack here on Keeping Your Cents which includes a Biggest Loser Workout DVD.
  Photobucket* This post may include referral links. By clicking on those links I may receive a small amount of money and/or points that can be redeemed for gift cards or other rewards.

Comments