The Taste and Smell of a Memory


As an adult, there are many times when I will catch a whiff of a specific combination of smells and I am transported back to memorable times as a child.

More recently the memories that drift on the breeze as it eddies through my window are thoughts of one of our favorite vacation destinations. I almost don't have to say it, but it is Walt Disney World.

Knowing of my love for WDW then it will come as no surprise that when I was invited to sample Ghirardelli's new Milk & Truffle Squares, my first thought was of Disney.

Why you ask?

Because Walt Disney World has it's own distinctive smells that conjure up special Disney memories.  Opening the bag of Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle squares, I closed my eyes and just had a nice long smell of the sweet aroma coming from the bag. 

Instantly I was transported to Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL standing outside the doors of the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.  There is a welcoming cast member standing just inside the entrance with a basket of chocolate squares neatly cut open.  The invitation is extended, "Please try one of our new Milk & Truffle squares."


Hmmmm.....exquisite!

Photobucket
* I received a sample of Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle Squares through a program with SheSpeaks to evaluate.  No further compensation was supplied.  The opinions expressed are 100% mine and/or those of my immediate family.

This post may include referral links. By clicking on those links I may receive a small amount of money and/or points that can be redeemed for gift cards or other rewards.

Comments

  1. Nice review! I love how you connected with the product in a different way and I can just imagine it with you!
    I am a new follower, found you through SheSpeaks! Check me out at http://checkitoutdawn.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love that your post allowed me to share a part of what seemed like a wonderful vacation.
    -r

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment